Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Thinking Like Jesus

The great struggle I have and I am quite sure many others have too, is what to think. My mind seems to think progress and loyalty and leadership and decisions. In my mind, to be successful is important and I like to think I am on the track towards that. It’s not money for me its accomplishment. Money wouldn’t hurt, but significance and respect rank higher up on the scale. My generational sin is pride, not material things or morality. Sure, my mind is intentional and so I evaluate everything I can to make sure I am on the right track. But to what?

Yet, in the midst of this type of thinking, I am called to think like Jesus. I am called to the role of a servant, a slave of my Savior and a servant to humanity. So, how do I balance thinking like Jesus with getting results intentionally?

When I think like Jesus, I am restful and just do my best.
When I think like culture, I am driven and have to be the best.

When I think like Jesus, I am joyful.
When I think like culture, I am a self-made optimist.

When I think like Jesus, I value people as the most important thing in the world.
When I think like culture, I value people for my own benefit.

When I think like Jesus, all circumstances are opportunities to trust God.
When I think like culture, circumstances determine my happiness.

When I think like Jesus, my time is his time.
When I think like culture, my time is results-oriented.

When I think like Jesus, I enjoy life inside out.
When I think like culture, I endure life outside in.

When I think like Jesus, it’s all about him.
When I think like culture, it’s all about me – even though I think I’m doing it for him.

When I think like Jesus, what’s important to him is important to me.
When I think like culture, what’s important is what’s produces results.

When I think like Jesus, I read the Bible to talk to God.
When I think like culture, I read the Bible to help me fulfill the mission I think he’s called me to.

When I think like Jesus, I don’t carry any burdens.
When I think like culture, I carry the world on my shoulders.

When I think like Jesus, I don’t have a problem – they’re all his.
When I think like culture, I have many problems to fix.

So, why don’t I think like Jesus more often?
Thinking like Jesus is a cultural clash and we have to fight to keep it!

So Jesus, what do you want to do today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com