Saturday, August 13, 2005

My 'Don't Forget' List

A few days ago I took some time off for a couple hours to sit, think, meditate and pray. I began to write down the things God keeps bringing up to me, when I do this. There's many, many more I could add, but here's my 'Don't Forget' List for today:

• The will of God is the most dangerous place to be.
• Step out and trust that God will open and close the right doors. Simply walk with God.
• Read God’s Word and Simply Obey it. Want to be smart – meditate on the Word. Make the Word central to your thinking.
• Embrace the price you have to pay. Suffering is inevitable to a true Christ-follower. So don't run from it - embrace it.
• Ministry is not a means to success. It’s simply obeying our Father. Nothing is a means to success. We are to simply obey the Father. We can learn that the easy way or the hard way, but, in reality, there’s not really an easy way to learn this one.
• The call of Christ to me is a call to live a heroic life. Prosperity – NO! Consumerism – NO! Live noble and heroic in this broken fragmented culture.
• Refuse to live a victimized life. Embrace the innocence and lifefulness of God.
• Spend loads of time studying the life and ministry and message of Jesus. He’s the centerpiece. Study the relationship – it’s a love story written directly to me.
• Learn to labor in prayer. Ask God to show Himself and be ready – James 1. Prayer is not a convenience; it’s a discipline. No one feels like praying. I’ve heard numerous people say you have to pray when you don’t feel like and pray until you feel like it. Prayer is the most powerful force in the universe, yet we the church, have discovered how to get by without it.
• Discover the path God is calling you to and have the courage to "do" it.
• Love to live and live to love. Dream to live and live to dream.
• God gets a lot of joy from us coming after him. He loves “the try”.
• Are you grateful that God loves you? That will come out. Love is the fuel. If not, you’re going to run out. Am I taken hostage to love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com